VEGAN Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil ~room temperature~
1/2 Cup Tahini
1/2 White Sugar
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Almond Milk (or other type of milk!)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 1/4 Cup All purpose flour
2 tbsp Cornstarch
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 3/4 Dark Chocolate ~chopped~
*Note: I made these from scratch and mixed Milk Chocolate Chips, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and Cacao Nibs. This mix made a sweeter cookie and created a bumpier texture.
Flaked Sea Salt
1. Beat coconut oil, tahini and both types of sugar in an electric mixer until texture looks like frosting. Mix in the milk and vanilla.
2. In another bowl whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, and baking soda). Carefully add this dry mixture to the creamed oil mixture in the electric mixer until just combined. Add in chocolate chips.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place cookie dough in the fridge for about 30 minutes. While you're waiting, prepare two cookie sheets with either parchment paper or oil.
4. Scoop and roll cookie dough into small balls. *The size of these cookies is up to you, but I made small cookies that were about 1 tablespoon large each. Place balled cookies about 3" apart.
5. Allow cookies to bake for about 12-15 minutes, until bottom is slightly golden brown.
6. Once done, remove the cookies from the oven and garnish with a pinch of sea salt. Let cookies cool for about 10 minutes on baking tray and enjoy!