VEGAN Black Bean Brownies with Coconut Whipped Cream!
These delicious fudgey brownies contain whole ingredients and have an added boost of protein from the black beans. This coconut whipped cream contains no processed chemicals, as opposed to its grocery store counterpart. Both recipes contain healthy fats and are also vegan. Make this recipe on a Sunday for the whole family to enjoy as a treat to start off the week on a sweet note!
Black Bean Brownies
-1/3 cup agave syrup / maple syrup
-1/4 tsp sea salt
-1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/4 cup cocoa powder
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
-3/4 cup chocolate chips, vegan
-1/2 cup all purpose flour
1. Gather ingredients and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a food processor combine your choice of syrup, sea salt, coconut oil, vanilla, cocoa powder and baking powder. Allow these to combine thoroughly.
3. Meanwhile, prepare black beans and add them into the mixture when they are ready.
4. Add in flour and chocolate chips by pulsing the food processor. Allow to combine thoroughly.
5. Grease a glass baking pan or muffin tins with coconut oil. Pour in black bean brownie batter. Stick in the oven for about 23 minutes if you’re using a muffin tin or 30-35 minutes if you’re using a baking pan. Sprinkle brownies with sea salt before sticking in oven.
6. Continually check on brownies to make sure that they don’t burn. Once finished take out and allow to cool.
Coconut Whipped Cream
-1/2 can full fat coconut milk
-a pinch of powdered sugar
-a dollop of vanilla extract
-cream of tartar, if necessary
1. Refrigerate your coconut milk in the fridge several hours before making.
2. Right before making chill milk in a bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from freezer and mix with a hand mixer until fluffy. Combine with sugar, salt and vanilla and allow to chill for a bit longer in the fridge.
4. If the coco whip isn’t looking stiff and is too liquidy, make sure to add in a pinch of Cream of Tartar and combine with the hand mixer.
5. Top your cooled brownies with this and enjoy your tasty weekend or weekday treat! Yum!!