Aunt Louise's Chocolate Zucchini Bread
This old family recipe will make you love zucchini! This rich, sweet bread is not only filled with chocolatey-goodness, but it’s also jam packed with zucchini. Zucchini is low in calories, high in fiber, and contains many necessary vitamins and minerals that you body craves.
- 1 cup oil (or for a healthier alternative use 1/2 cup applesauce and 1/2 cup oil)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup nuts, chopped **
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 cups zucchini
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
** - optional ingredient
1. Beat oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla together.
2. Add remaining ingredients.
3. Grab 2 loaf pans on 3 smaller loaf pans. Do not grease them but put folded paper towels in the bottom of each pan.
Grab 2 cupcake tins. Grease these with pam, oil or butter.
4. Pour mixture into pans and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving!
Eat this bread in moderation and enjoy for breakfast, as an afternoon pick me up, or for dessert with vanilla ice cream!
Post a Comment