What you need:
-2 cups of your favorite flour (whole wheat, almond flour, coconut flour, white flour, teff flour etc.)
-1 1/2 cups rolled oats
-2 tsp ground Cinnamon
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp sea salt
-1/2 cup of your fav nuts (almonds, cashews, peanuts, walnuts etc.)
-1/2 cup of your fav dried fruit (dried cranberries, dried pineapple, dried blueberries etc.)
-1 cup grated carrots
-1 cup grated zucchini
-1/2 cup of your fav sweetener (agave syrup, maple syrup, honey etc.)
-6 tbsp melted butter
-optional: 1/2 Cup extra additions (chocolate chips, coconut flakes, goji berries etc.)
What to do:
1. Either line 12 muffin cups with cupcake liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine flour, oats, Cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt, nuts dried fruit and any "extra additions" in a large mixing bowl.
3. In another large mixing bowl, mix eggs, carrots, zucchini, sweetener and melted butter together, thoroughly.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients and pour mixture evenly into muffin tins. Put muffin tins into oven for about 25-30 minutes.
5. Allow muffins to cool before enjoying! Cut a muffin in half and add butter to each half. Either grill in a pan on the stove or microwave for a sweet and salty taste! MMmMmmm!!!
Source: Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow. by Shalane Flanagan and Elyse Kopecky