No-Bake Key Lime Tarts
Here is what you need:
For the crust-
1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
1 Cup dates (pitted)
1/4 Cup Sesame Seeds (or Chia Seeds)
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted in microwave
1/2 tsp salt
For the filling-
2 small ripe Avocados
1/3 Cup Lime or Key Lime juice
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted in microwave
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp fine sea salt
How to make:
1. Either line a muffin tin with muffin cups or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. For the crust.. Finely grind up the oats and dates in a food processor or blender. Add in sesame seeds (or Chia Seeds), coconut oil and salt. Combine all of these ingredients thoroughly.
3. Divide the oat crust evenly among the muffin cups/sprayed tin. Push crust into the tin molds with your fingers and shape the crust to the bottom of the tin.
4. For the filling.. Rinse out your food processor/blender and add in avocado, lime juice, oil, vanilla and salt. Pour filling evenly into crusts and put muffin tin in the freezer for about 1 hour to harden.
5. Move tarts to an airtight container and place in the freezer until ready to be served. Enjoy!
Source: Run Fast. Cook Fast. East Slow. by Shalane Flanagan and Elyse Kopecky