Delicious Beet Hummus
- 1 large beet, chopped into smallish pieces
- 1 can drained garbanzo beans (I use cannellini or great northern)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (and/or walnuts - I enjoy these) - I like to toast these as they give a nuttier flavor to the hummus)
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled (or use 2-3 if you’re part vampire)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- sea salt to taste
- Any other seasonings to taste.
- Place all ingredients in food processor. Pulse to desired consistency.