If you're a big garlic fan you'll love this flavorful sauce!
What you need:
- 10 large garlic scapes
- 1/3 cup unsalted pistachios
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
How to make it:
1. Blend the garlic scapes, pistachios, Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a food processor until the mixture is very finely chopped until the texture is smooth and clump-free.
2. Continue to let these ingredients blend and slowly pour in the oil. Allow the mixture to combine thoroughly.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste in the pesto. Serve immediately, store in the fridge (for up to a week) or freeze.
***Scape pesto is great with whole wheat pasta, on sandwiches, with scrambled eggs and on salads.
Post a Comment