-6-7 whole eggs
-1/2-1 cup of Parmesan cheese/or any type of cheese (grated)
-1/2 white onion chopped
-1 garlic minced
-2 tablespoons chopped parsley (finely chopped)
-2 tablespoons chopped basil (finely chopped)
-your favorite herbs! (to taste)
-1 bunch of chard (without stems)
-1 bunch of beet greens (without stems)
-4-5 tablespoons olive oil
-2 tablespoons Cooking Wine
-2 tablespoons of Mirin
-4 tablespoons pine nuts (or walnuts)
-Salt and Pepper (to taste)
1. Crack eggs in a bowl and mix with cheese. Add in all herbs.
2. Sautee garlic and onions with 1 tablespoons olive oil in a medium pan. Allow this to soften.
3. Add in the chard and beet greens and wait for them to wilt in the pan.
4. Add 1 cup of water, Cooking Wine and Mirin. Cover with lid. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Drain the remaining liquid out of the sautéed vegetables. Let vegetables to cool for about 10 minutes.
6. Coat the sides of a 12-inch skillet with 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil. Turn burner on low and let pan heat up.
7. Merge the vegetables and egg mixture into one bowl. After the pan has heat add in this large mixture. Stir mixture, cook until eggs are set.
8. Preheat broiler. Sprinkle pine nuts on top.
9. Place frittata in oven. Watch frittata to make sure that it doesn't burn. Allow frittata to cook until it is a uniform golden brown color on its surface.
10. Cut frittata into 8ths. Enjoy for breakfast or dinner!
Inspiration: Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison ("Chard and Onion Omelet (Trouchia)")
Post a Comment