- Other Apps
from: Martha Stewart's Living (Jan/Feb 2018)
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1/3 cup Olive Oil
1 1/3 cups Lentils
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup medium carrots (peeled and diced)
1 cup celery (diced)
2 cups medium onions (diced)
1 1/4 cups swiss chard (diced and stems removed)
4 oz fresh goat cheese (crumbled)
1/3 cup roasted almonds (coarsely chopped)
1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
Poached eggs (you decide the number!)
1. Whisk the lemon juice, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
2. While continuing to whisk the mixture, slowly add in the oil. Stop whisking when the mixture is emulsified.
3. Fill a saucepan with water so that the water line is 2 inches above the lentils. Add in 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt. Bring to a boil and then turn heat to medium-low and allow to cook for about 20 minutes. Once complete, drain and move to a big serving bowl.
4. Melt butter and add in carrots, celery, onion and chard stems. Season with remaining salt, stir occasionally for a few minutes and allow to simmer for 6-8 minutes.
5. Add in Chard leaves to the mixture and allow them to wilt. Combine the mixture with the cooked lentils.